Saturday, October 27, 2007

Toys for evil parents

Actually, this isn't about toys that one gives to parents, it's about toys that are gifted to their children so as to slowly drive their parents criminally insane. Observe...

I don't know what this one is called, but if I had to guess, it's the
Brain Borer 2000: A Baby's Revenge

This toy is simple--it's got four turntables (but no microphone!), and when you push the button (actually, I'm sure that YOU would never push the button of doom, but your son surely will) the turntable rotates and a little song plays. Over. And over. And over. And over again. Until the batteries die and your child then begs you to change the batteries. This is no awarding-winning song either such as Funkytown or Sweet Child O' Mine. I don't know the name of the song (does pure evil truly have a name?) and I won't bore your brain with the tune here. There are gears/blocks that supposed to stack on this toy, but from a child's viewpoint they are completely optional. Anything can get thrown on this toy, and it takes amazingly huge batteries so it can handle the weight. Wooden blocks, cat toys, food, clothes, sippy cups and shoes have all ended up on this thing. Apparently it's tasty as well:



Undulating Ribs grows:

wine not included

And Black Bunny continues to beckon:

Look how pretty!

And I just downloaded Juliet, so I'm considering knitting along with NaKniSweMo. It's less than 50,000 stitches I'm sure so I might have to participate in spirit. I don't know how stringent the rules are.

Houston awaits!



No comments: