Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Pressing On

In an act of amazing self-control, a skill that I am not ordinarily known for, I have resisted casting on another project and continue to chant the mantra 'Lace Ribbon Scarf, Father & Son socks, Stork's Nest Socks, Print O' the Wave...........Lace Ribbon Scarf, Father & Son socks, Stork's Nest Socks, Print O' the Wave.....".

All the while my brain is screaming "...Salto!.....SALTO!.....SALTO!!!!!!

In this:


Sundara Sock (what else?) in Toffee

Progress on the Lace Ribbon Scarf:


More than ready for that last ball to shrink into nothing.

In an attempt to stay focused on the projects at hand, I have been documenting my yarn stash in order to have a complete accounting on Ravelry. Stash pics here. Before you say "Wow, that is A LOT"......wait. That is just my sock yarn (mostly). More to come.

Can I say again how much I LOVE this camera?!!? A piece of foam core and some nice indirect afternoon sunlight and my pictures are filled with a personality that I have never seen before. Some of my favorites:


Claudia Hand Painted Yarns in Purple Earth


misc. Fearless Fibers


misc. Radiant Twist

In an experiment I wondered if this treatment would raise the status of some other household objects:


Little broken bunny


Shaving mug


Pee Pee Boy

Maybe, maybe not?

I didn't mess with the manual controls at all, but I intend do. All of this was done in a 15 minute chunk of yesterday while Charlie did this:


And although it looks like it could happen, no, he has never fallen off of the bed and landed on his head.

1 comment:

KR said...

what lovely lovely yarn & WIP's you have going on! :)